In the last 24 hours, Nick & I have been in 6 different airports, gotten a total of 3 hours of sleep, and just landed in our final destination…. if you don’t know by now, we are in ITALY! ? YAY!
Nick served his mission here, so he lived here for 2 years! He truly grew to love the Italian people, just as I am going to grow this week by all the food I eat…. anyways, I truly am so excited to be here with him. He still speaks and understands Italian. I can’t wait to see some of the places he served and meet some of the people he loves.
Notice this is a packing post, and there are no pics of the trip itself so far. We have both avoided every photo op because we look very ratchet from traveling. In fact, I’m trying hard not to fall asleep as I write this and it’s only 2 PM here. ? Really hoping we don’t pull a Chris and Lorelai, when they went to Paris and accidentally slept through the whole thing!
Anyways- here are a couple packing tips I’ve used over the past few years of consistently traveling.
- Don’t check a bag. (If you can help it.) Maybe I’m scarred from what I’ve seen, but if your bag gets lost, it’s a lot of unneeded stress. In fact, usually Nick and I will share one carry on.
- Bring a few things you wouldn’t mind leaving behind. You can bring mostly adorable, new outfits, but if you have some things you don’t mind leaving, if you collect things along the way- you’ll have some room.
- Leave a little empty space. For souvenirs of course!
- Lay your outfits out a few days in advance. I am usually the 100% procrastinator, but this time I laid it out early and actually brought the outfits I wanted! ?
- Keep a note in your phone throughout the week of things you still need to pack or buy. That way, you won’t leave anything behind.
YAY our hotel room is ready. I’m just gonna close my eyes for a second here….