With wedding season in full swing, I thought I’d try my hand at a little updo. I have such long, thick hair that this was a little harder than I intentionally imagined, but it was fun to do. Here are the basic steps if my graphic isn’t clear:
- Put your hair in a low ponytail, but leave two sections out in the front. (You’ll braid those sections later.)
- I flipped my ponytail in to give it some texture, but up to you.
- I then fishtail french braided the two sections, but you could just braid them if you wanted!
- I pulled the braid apart for added texture.
- I put another elastic on the bottom of my ponytail, so I could control the ends and so I could roll my hair up.
- I used about 1,000,000 bobby pins to secure that baby down.
- I wrapped the braids around the bun and secured those down with bobby pins, as well.
- Voila! Updo.
The longest part was fishtail french braiding, so if you just dutch braided or braided it, you would save yourself some time, but I thought the fishtail looked cool.
Have a great Thursday! Be kind to people today.